GlobalPinoy > Food & Nutrition > View Topic
Philippine Delicacies: Kwakoy
Posted by Carrie B. Yan on 05/09/2012 05:24 PM
Rice-based delicacy of Iloilo, Kwakoy is made of ganta rice (any variety with white and soft grains when cooked), brown or washed sugar, malagkit or glutinous rice, and milk powder (optional).
1. Wash rice grains and discard washed water.
2. Soak in water for 3-9 hours. Drain to dry.
3. Roast rice under low fire, cool and powder to desired particle size using a suitable grinder. Set aside.
4. Pound brown or wash sugar.
5. Mix ground roasted rice and pounded sugar.
6. Put the mixture in a cooking pan (lampawan), make sure that it is already compact.
7. Boil water in a steamer. Place the lampawan with the mixture on top of the steamer. Continue steaming until the mixture is cooked.
Viewed 1,063 times, 1 user viewing